ORAP supports WSU faculty through the following activities:
- Funding search and announcements
- Proposal-Writing Training Activities
- Limited Submission Proposal Competitions
- Proposal Development
- Large proposals (multidisciplinary with budget >$1M)
- Junior faculty proposals (e.g. NSF and DoE CAREER)
- proposals consistent with strategic University initiatives
- Research Expansion Activities
- Grand Challenges related activities
- Targeted RFP workshops
- How-To information sessions
- Project Management Support on large proposals when funded
- Develop Research Partnerships
Proposal Development Services
ORAP offers WSU faculty members customized proposal development and management services. A proposal manager will work with the lead Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI) to assist proposal development from inception to submission.
To request support, contact Geeta Dutta, Director, ORAP: 5-5980; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Challenges Seed Grant Program 2016
The Washington State University Strategic Plan emphasizes the University's commitment to enhancing research, scholarship, and creativity at WSU. The 120 day Study, conducted in support of the Strategic Plan, identified five grand challenge areas for WSU research: Sustaining Health, Food-Energy-Water nexus, Opportunity and Equity, Smart Systems, and National Security.
In support this commitment, the Office of Research announces the Grand Challenges Seed Grant Program. Funds are available to support multidisciplinary team projects that address key themes from the Grand Challenges. Projects may be proof-of-concept research, public engagement or outreach, or workshops. All tenured/tenure track faculty are eligible to lead a proposals as principal investigators.