ORAP supports WSU faculty through the following activities:
- Funding search and announcements
- Proposal-Writing Training Activities
- Limited Submission Proposal Competitions
- Proposal Development
- Large proposals (multidisciplinary with budget >$1M)
- Junior faculty proposals (e.g. NSF and DoE CAREER)
- proposals consistent with strategic University initiatives
- Research Expansion Activities
- Grand Challenges related activities
- Targeted RFP workshops
- How-To information sessions
- Project Management Support on large proposals when funded
- Develop Research Partnerships
Proposal Development Services
ORAP offers WSU faculty members customized proposal development and management services. A proposal manager will work with the lead Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI) to assist proposal development from inception to submission.
To request support, contact Geeta Dutta, Director, ORAP: 5-5980; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 New Faculty Seed Grant Program
The Office of Research is pleased to announce that the application process for the 2017 New Faculty Seed Grant Program is now open. The primary goal of this program is to support junior level faculty in developing research, scholarly, or creative programs that have a strong potential to lead to sustained projects and enhance opportunities for extramural funding for these projects. The program also supports identification and submission of proposals to potential external funding sources, helps generate preliminary data to support proposals for external funding, and provides a means to enhance research, scholarly and creative activities.
Researchers, scholars and artists who have been appointed to a junior level faculty position no earlier than May 16, 2013 are encouraged to apply. A total of $200,000 has been allocated for the 2017 New Faculty Seed Grant Program. Individual grants may not exceed $30,000 and proposals for smaller amounts are encouraged and considered equally competitive.
Guidelines for applying and the application can be found here. Questions can be directed to Maureen Bonnefin and Emily Brashear at email@example.com.